You provide us with the following personal information when you make an online application for our property via our website.
- Name and title
- Current address
- Date of birth
- e-mail address
- Telephone number
- University student number, academic course and year of graduation
- Bank details should you choose to provide them
- Next of kin details
- Financial status
- Guarantor details
For the performance of a contract. We will use your personal data only for legitimate interest and the purposes for which we collected it, which is to conduct and manage our business unless we consider that we need it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose.
We do not retain your information for direct marketing purposes.
We may provide your personal data but only in accordance with your Tenancy Agreement conditions to -
- Utility Companies
- Broadband Providers
- Local Council departments
- Debt collection agencies
- Credit reference agencies
- Deposit Protection Service
We draw your attention to your following rights under data protection law:
- right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information – you will be asked to provide proof of your identify and residential address, and we may ask you to provide further details to assist us in the provision of such information
- right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified – we want to ensure that the personal information that we process and retain about you is accurate, so please do remember to tell us about any changes, for example if you change your contact details. It is your responsibility to ensure you submit true, accurate, and complete information to us; please also update us in the event this information changes.
- right of erasure – in certain circumstances you have the right to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed
the right to object to, or restrict:
- processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or that similarly significantly affect you
- in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your personal data
- the right of portability of your data in certain circumstances.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We hope that you will be satisfied with the way in which we approach and use your personal data, however if you have a complaint, please contact us in the first instance but should you find it necessary, you have a right to raise a concern with the information regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/.